housing assistance

Privately owned subsidized housing - HUD helps apartment owners offer reduced rents to low-income tenants. Search for an apartment and apply directly at the management office.

Public Housing - affordable apartments for low-income families, the elderly and persons with disabilities. To apply, contact a public housing agency.

Housing Choice Voucher Program (Section 8) - find your own place and use the voucher to pay for all or part of the rent. To apply, contact a public housing agency.

Need Advice? Contact a housing counseling agency or call toll-free (800) 569-4287. This number will connect you with local housing agencies that can help you or give you advice.

There are many good housing programs offered by the government and private agencies. At The Soft Foundation we offer a unique program designed specifically for the families who come to us seeking help with their housing needs.

Our lease to own program offers the client with the opportunity to get in to their own home with little or no money down and a 1-3 interest loan after the first year or 18 months. There is little or no qualifying for this since we do not use banks or mortgage companies to get the money.

Request Assistance